Whole Roast Chicken
Great for Sunday lunches, get creative with this recipe by experimenting with your own rubs and marinades before cooking. (Cooking time dependant on the size of the chicken.)
- 2 tbsp olive or cooking oil
- 1 whole chicken up to approx 1.8kg (4.7L is c. 1.4kg max)
- 250ml chicken stock (or water)
- 4 whole garlic cloves (optional)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and pierce the skin in several places using a fork or knife. Select the SAUTE function, scroll down and select CHICKEN BREAST add the oil and allow to heat.
2. Add the chicken breast side down, and brown as much of the surface area as possible for 4-6 minutes.
3. Turn the chicken over and add the stock and garlic cloves (if using), then press the BACK button.
4. Put the lid on and close the pressure valve then select the PRESSURE COOK function, scroll down to CHICKEN WHOLE and adjust the time to suit the size guide below and then press START:
900g - 1.2kg - 25 minutes
1.2kg - 1.4kg - 35 minutes
1.4kg - 1.8kg - 45 minutes
1.8kg - 2kg - 50 minutes
5. When the program has finished we recommend the SLOW RELEASE method before opening the pressure valve and removing the lid. Test with a thermometer to make sure the temperature is at least 75 °C in the thickest part and the juices run clear.