Classic Lamb Stew
Making a lamb stew this tender would take hours in a slow cooker. The CleverChef Pro makes this hearty warming stew in less than 30 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Best served with crusty bread or creamy mash, with some extra veggies on the side.
- 500g diced lamb
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive or cooking oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small swede (or other root vegetable), peeled and diced
- 2-3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 500ml lamb or beef stock
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. In a mixing bowl, toss the lamb in the flour until all sides are coated.
2. Select the SAUTE program, select BEEF STEAK and press START. Add half the oil and allow to heat. Add the lamb in batches and stir regularly for ~3 minutes until browned, then set aside.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the stock, and continue to stir for a further ~3 minutes, then press BACK.
4. Add the stock and stir to combine using a non-metal spoon. Make sure you scrape any of the ingredients off the inner pot.
5. Put the lid on, close the pressure valve then select the PRESSURE COOK function, scroll down to LAMB SHANK and adjust the time to 20 minutes. Press START.
6. When the program has finished allow the pressure to release slowly which is our recommended method for this recipe. Once the pin drops you can open the pressure valve and remove the lid.
7. If you like your gravy a bit thicker, use the SAUTE function again to reduce the sauce and stir in some flour for a few minutes to thicken the stew.