Chicken chasseur is a classic French Bistro dish using chicken legs and wine. Here we use red wine for a deeper flavour but you could also experiment with white wine. Cooking under pressure in the CleverChef Pro means this is on the table in a fraction of the usual time.
Serving Suggestion: This would pair excellently with roasted sweet potato and green beans.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g small button mushrooms
- 225ml red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 500ml chicken stock
1. Select the SAUTE program, select CHICKEN LEG and press START. Add the oil and half the butter and allow to heat. Season the chicken legs then sauté for ~5 mins with the lid off until golden brown, then remove the legs from the pot, drain off any excess fat and set aside. Depending on the size of the legs you may need to do this in batches.
2. Melt the rest of the butter in the inner pot then add the onion, then fry for about 3 minutes until soft.
3. Add the garlic, cook for about 1 minute, add the mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes, and then add the wine.
4. Stir in the tomato purée, let the liquid bubble and reduce for about 5 minutes. Depending on how many batches it takes to sauté the chicken legs you may need to restart the SAUTE program.
5. Add the chicken stock to the inner pot, along with the sprigs of thyme.
6. Return the chicken to the pan and press BACK if the sauté program is still running.
7. Close the lid, make sure the pressure valve is closed then select the PRESSURE COOK program and scroll down to CHICKEN LEG and press START. If you have particularly large chicken legs you may choose to adjust the time to 20 mins.
8. When the program has finished and pressure has released, remove the chicken from the inner pot.
9. Select SAUTE and CHICKEN LEG, press START and reduce down the sauce until it is syrupy and the flavour has concentrated.
10. Put the chicken legs back into the sauce. Stir to coat and press the BACK button.