Classic Bangers & Mash
Bangers and mash is a Great British favourite and the CleverChef Pro makes the dish even easier.
Serving Suggestion: To make this more comforting and indulgent, try mashing in some grated cheese with the potatoes and serve alongside some garden peas.
- 1 tsp olive or cooking oil
- 8 good quality sausages
- 250ml milk
- 65g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 5-6 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Select the SAUTE function, and select the BEEF STEAK program and press START. Add the oil and allow to heat for 2 mins. Pierce the skins of the sausages and stir regularly for ~5 minutes until browned, then press the BACK button and remove and set aside.
2. Add the potatoes along with the milk and butter. Cover with foil and then place the sausages and onions on top.
3. Put the lid on and close the pressure valve then select the PRESSURE COOK function, scroll down to the VEG POTATO option and press START.
4. When the program has finished, we recommend the SLOW RELEASE method before opening the pressure valve and removing the lid. Remove sausages from liquid and set aside.
5. Plate up the sausages, remove the foil and add the soured cream and mash the potatoes, seasoning to taste.