Beef Bourguignon (CleverChef Pro)
This rich, winter warmer is perfect for Sunday lunches for the whole family.
Balance the amount of stock and wine to make this healthier or more indulgent depending on the occasion. Best served over creamy mashed potato or with boiled potatoes if you are being less indulgent.
2 tbsp olive or cooking oil
1kg braising steak, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 star anise (optional)
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
12 shallots, peeled and left whole
200g button mushrooms
300ml red wine
200ml beef stock
1 tbsp cornflour
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Select the SAUTE program, select BEEF STEAK and press START. Add half the oil and allow to heat. Add the beef in batches and stir regularly for ~3 minutes until browned.
2. Then add the onion, garlic, celery and star anise and cook for ~3 minutes until softened then remove the star anise and press the BACK button.
3. Add the mushrooms, carrots, shallots, red wine, stock, bay leaves and thyme, and stir to combine.
4. Put the lid on and close the pressure valve then select the PRESSURE COOK program and select BEEF STEW, then press START
5. When the program has finished we recommend using the SLOW RELEASE method before opening the pressure valve and removing the lid.
6. Add a little water to the cornflour and mix to a smooth paste. Select SAUTE and BEEF STEAK, press START and stir in the cornflour paste for ~3 minutes until thickened, then press BACK.