Crusty White Bread
The CleverChef Pro makes baking bread so simple with the Bread Rise and Bake functions. The trick here is to flip your loaf near the end so you get a lovely thick crust all the way around. This loaf is quite similar to a wonderful Italian focaccia. It is perfect with wholesome stews or simply warm with butter and jam.
- 3 tbsp olive or cooking oil
- 500g white bread flour
- 40g butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 x 7g dried yeast packet
- 300ml lukewarm water
Suitable for: CleverChef Pro 4.8LCleverChef Pro 5.7L
1. Add the yeast to a jug filled with warm water and give this a stir then leave to stand. In a mixing bowl, add the flour and butter and stir to combine until you have a thick paste.
2. Gradually add the water a bit at a time, stirring continuously until you have a soft dough.
3. Add 1 tbsp of oil to a clean work surface and knead the dough for ~5 minutes until the dough is springy and elastic.
4. Add 2 tbsp of oil to the inner pot and stir so the bottom is coated with oil, then add the dough.
5. Close the lid then select the MULTICOOK function, select BREAD RISE and press START. When the program has finished, open the lid to check on your dough, it should be roughly twice the size it was.
6. Close the lid again, select the MULTICOOK function again and scroll down to BAKE CAKE and adjust the time to 1 hour, then press START.
7. At the end of the program open the lid and tip your bread out. Using oven gloves, put the bread back in the other way around so the crust is now at the top. Select MULTICOOK and CAKE BAKE program again and adjust the time to 15 minutes then press START.
8. When the program has finished open the lid and tip out your bread ready to be sliced. Put the loaf on a wire rack to cool down.
Like this recipe?
Made this recipe?
Download our free recipe app