You don’t need a vacuum sealer to enjoy the incredible results of Sous Vide cooking, here’s how to achieve the same, melt-in-your-mouth tenderness and taste with a regular zip-lock bag.
- Fill the CleverChef Pro inner pot with cold water up to the MAX 2/3 line.
- Put your ingredients in a zip lock bag starting with the main ingredient and then the oil, aromatics, and marinades if using.
- Close the zip almost all the way (about 80-90%), leaving about 2cm open through which the air can escape.
- Gently lower the bag into the CleverChef Pro inner pot and as you lower it, the air should be forced out by the water pressure – this is called displacement.
- Just before the bag goes fully under water, close the zip completely.
- Use a rack, a small weight or a clip to make sure the bag does not move around.
- Then start the appropriate sous vide cooking program according to your recipe.